Sen. Schupp is a pro-choice champion for women! She consistently votes in favor of policies that support a full-range of reproductive issues, from expanding contraceptive access to defending the right to choose.
In addition to her record of voting for bills that benefit women and families, Sen. Schupp introduced SEVEN pro-choice bills in 2018:
- SB 607, which (like Rep. McCreery’s version) would create the Missouri Earned Family and Medical Leave Act and would provide all Missourians with paid leave
- SB 670, which would require all organizations providing pregnancy-related services or counseling to provide medically-accurate and unbiased information on all relevant reproductive health options in order to receive state funding
- SB 671, which would repeal the 72-hour waiting period before getting an abortion
- SB 713, which would expand Medicaid in Missouri
- SB 739, which would create a right to unpaid leave for employees that are affected by domestic violence
- SB 753, the Senate version of the Missouri Non Discrimination Act (MONA), which would make discriminating against someone for their gender identity or sexual orientation illegal
- SCR 41, which ratifies the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
While none of these were passed, Sen. Schupp introduced her language requiring medically accurate info in clinics and counseling as an amendment to HB 1288. The bill did not pass with this amendment attached, but we now know how our legislature stands when it comes to lying to women.