NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri is dedicated to building and sustaining a constituency that uses the political process to guarantee access to reproductive healthcare for every Missourian, including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion. NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri is a grass-roots 501(c)(4) advocacy organization. Two additional affiliated organizations help advance NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri’s mission. The NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri Foundation conducts public education and research intended to increase public awareness of relevant reproductive health care issues. The NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri PAC is the political action committee that conducts direct electoral work with and for pro-choice candidates.
NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri seeks an energetic, strategic, and innovative person to engage and activate diverse communities across Missouri around reproductive rights issues. The organizer is responsible for recruiting, mobilizing, and managing pro-choice activists for NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri, NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri Foundation and NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri PAC. The organizer will report directly to our Executive Director and will work with other colleagues to create, manage, and execute a comprehensive field plan. This position is located in the St. Louis office.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement a plan with measurable goals to support the organization’s grassroots legislative, political, and base-building initiatives
- Collaborate with other staff to develop and execute a long-term base-building plan to recruit, train, and sustain a statewide cadre of volunteers and interns needed to implement grassroots programs
- Coordination of field canvasses, phone banks, and public demonstrations
- Create leadership roles for activists that provide opportunities for increased responsibility, skill development, and ownership of the work
- Recruit, train, and supervise interns
- Maintain activist database, keep data current, including individual activist information, and results of volunteer activities
- Represent the organization at community events that raise the visibility of and educate the public on reproductive rights issues
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager to capitalize on earned media opportunities to increase organizational influence
- Assist efforts to grow organization’s social media profiles and email lists
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager, create content for organizational blog, brochures, and other educational materials
- Assist with planning and executing house party fundraisers
- Coordinate with other staff to ensure cohesive execution of priority programming
- Other duties as needed
- Strong commitment to reproductive rights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- One to two years’ experience in organizing, specifically for a political or not-for-profit organization
- Experience planning and conducting trainings and facilitating meetings
- Working knowledge of political environment of Missouri
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Superior work ethic
- Ability to independently manage several projects at one time, set priorities and follow a strategic plan
- Flexibility in work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically and to build positive relationships with staff, volunteers, board members, and NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri membership
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have reliable transportation, current auto insurance, and valid driver’s license
- Frequent evening and weekend hours and travel around the state required
NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, three references, salary requirements, and a writing sample to email@example.com by June 7, 2019. No calls please.
NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.