NARAL Pro-Choice Missouri (NARAL MO) is the leading grassroots pro-choice advocacy organization in Missouri. We work to protect every person’s right to access the full range of reproductive health options, including but not limited to preventive care, family planning, sexuality education, prenatal and postnatal health care, and accessible, legal abortion. NARAL MO is dedicated to building and sustaining a constituency that uses the political process to guarantee reproductive health, rights, and justice for every Missourian.
NARAL MO seeks to hire a Reproductive Justice Organizer to join our growing team. NARAL MO has made Reproductive Justice organizing a central priority in our plan to build a transformative movement for reproductive freedom across Missouri. The Reproductive Justice Organizer will work to grow our base, develop new leaders, and identify issues experienced by directly impacted communities that will inform our organizing and legislative priorities. This organizing will specifically focus on reproductive justice issues directly impacting BIPOC and LGBTQ communities in Missouri, which may include: maternal/birthing parent mortality, racial inequities in reproductive health care access, pregnancy discrimination, criminalization of abortion, and other related issues.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Senior Organizer to execute a long-term base-building plan to recruit, train, and sustain members, activists, and leaders with a specific focus on BIPOC communities, LGTBQ+ communities, and people of low-income.
- Conduct Listening Tour sessions to build relationships and identify Reproductive Justice (RJ) issues faced by Missourians
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner organizations specifically focusing on existing RJ organizations at a local and national level, racial justice organizations, and community health organizations
- Work alongside other staff to develop and implement Reproductive Justice trainings to educate existing NARAL Missouri members and the larger community about RJ issues.
- Advance organizing among students to improve Sex Ed in Missouri public schools by distributing issue surveys, identifying and developing students leaders, and leading students to take action at the local and state level
- Mobilize NARAL MO supporters and voters to support endorsed candidates through phonebanking, canvassing, and textbanking
- Work alongside Senior Organizer to identify, workshop, and develop organizing methods and strategies utilizing a Reproductive Justice framework
- Assist in recruitment and management of paid phonebank and canvass field team
- Plan, organize, and execute public demonstrations including turn out and programming
- Collaborate with the Communications Manager to identify and develop story-tellers for earned-media opportunities and testimony
- Coordinate with other staff to ensure cohesive execution of priority programming
- Maintain activist database, keep data current, including individual activist information, and results of volunteer activities
- Other duties as needed
Ideal candidate will possess the following qualities and skills:
- Strong commitment to reproductive rights and justice
- A deep desire to see transformational change in Missouri
- An intersectional lens and ability to educate others on anti-black racism, white supremacy, and cis-heteropatriarchy
- Familiarity with Reproductive Justice issues in Missouri including maternal/birthing parent mortality, racial inequities in reproductive health care access, pregnancy discrimination, criminalization of abortion, and other related issues.
- Familiarity with political environment and community in Missouri
- Training and experience in using basic organizing principles and/or demonstrated success in building relationships and moving others to take action.
- Experience planning and conducting trainings and facilitating meetings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in voter management systems (i.e. VAN, EveryAction, etc.), online advocacy tools, virtual phonebanks/textbanks/online predictive dialer systems, Slack, and Google Drive
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Ability to independently manage several projects at one time, set priorities and follow a strategic plan
- Flexibility in work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build positive relationships with staff, volunteers, board members, and NARAL membership
This is a full time 40 hour/week position. NARAL MO offers health, vision, dental, and life insurance to all employees as well as an IRA savings plan. NARAL MO also offers tuition assistance and paid family and medical leave up to 16 weeks. This is a salaried position starting at $38,000 – $42,500, with opportunity for growth.
NARAL MO is committed to hiring a diverse team that reflects our community. We are committed to treating all employees and administering all directives and administrative decisions without regard for an employee’s sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is December 31, 2020.